First Baptist Church of Josephine has been a fixture in the community since 1888. Many things have changed over the past 130 years, and will continue to change as we head into the future. However, two things will always remain the same. First, FBCJ is committed to serving Jesus Christ no matter the cost! Second, FBCJ will remain steadfast in its commitment to the Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God no matter the cost!
FBCJ strives to accomplish six objectives:
1) FBCJ desires to be a dynamic spiritual organism empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in the church, community, and throughout the world.
2) FBCJ desires to be a worshiping fellowship, experiencing an awareness of God, recognizing His person, and responding in obedience to His leadership.
3) FBCJ desires to experience an increasingly meaningful fellowship with God and fellow believers.
4) FBCJ desires to help people experience a growing knowledge of God and man.
5) FBCJ desires to be a church, which ministers unselfishly to persons in the community and the world in Jesus’ name.
6) FBCJ desires to be a church whose purpose is to be Christ like in daily living by emphasizing the total commitment of life, personality, and possessions to the Lordship of Christ.